No Taxation without Representation

OMG. Yes, I wrote that. But it's because I absolutely love Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work. It's a documentary on Queen Elizabeth and the Windsors. They interview Tony Blair on the queen and he says she's the one person you could have a completely and totally discreet conversation with. I have to think of some topics to keep on hand in case I ever meet her. I also really want to meet the Emperor of Japan and his family. I came really close to almost seeing him, but that's quite pointless. Nate said one of his professors got to meet Akihito and his wife, the details of which I will spare you. But, that brings me hope.
In my visits to thrift stores and garage sales in Vancouver, I've noticed that there are tons of books, plates, and cups commemorating Charles and Diana's wedding. I have seriously been contemplating collecting some of these items.

Don't forget that Queen Elizabeth is my head of state now, too. How exciting!

Entertain yourself in the meantime with some genuinely amusing footage of British Parliament (no royalty involved).

Comments

Popular Posts