Happy or Not
Apparently happy people don't watch a lot of TV. I know that I become unhappy when I've spent an entire day watching TV, no matter how much I may be enjoying the programming during that time. Those days are usually days when I am avoiding things (like job hunting or other odious tasks)that I would really be much better off doing.
The NY Times article doesn't say anything about internet usage, though, which I find curious. I am happier when I limit my internet time, I will admit.
Regardless of the medium of technological distraction, it seems that those who participate in life are more likely to be happier than those who just watch it on TV or the computer screen. I know it's true for me, although whether I act on that knowledge or not is a different story.
**One note about the article--the doctor they interviewed really needs some help with his English grammar. Saying more happy is incorrect. The word happy has two syllables and therefore becomes happier. Good grief.
The NY Times article doesn't say anything about internet usage, though, which I find curious. I am happier when I limit my internet time, I will admit.
Regardless of the medium of technological distraction, it seems that those who participate in life are more likely to be happier than those who just watch it on TV or the computer screen. I know it's true for me, although whether I act on that knowledge or not is a different story.
**One note about the article--the doctor they interviewed really needs some help with his English grammar. Saying more happy is incorrect. The word happy has two syllables and therefore becomes happier. Good grief.
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!