Eat Mor Chikin

As I mentioned before, I should really talk about sandwiches a bit more. McDonald's has created an impostor version of Chick-Fil-A's glorious classic sandwich. I have read that the fake is not as good as the original--especially in terms of quality of meat. Which is completely believable and to be expected, honestly. I'm tempted to try the faux Chick-Fil-A, but they're not selling it in Canada, it seems. Instead, they're really pushing the Angus burger. I looked at the ingredients lists for the chicken sandwiches and hamburgers at McDonald's and was actually kind of shocked and definitely disgusted--the chicken is chicken+loads of filler (more than I realized), but the hamburgers are pure beef. Probably nasty corn-fed beef, but still, no fillers.
Did you know they don't sell BK Broilers aka Chicken Whoppers in Canada? At least not here in Vancouver and not at the YVR airport. Are they really such poor sellers up here? Is this really a beefland that shuns the chicken? I dunno.
There aren't Taco Bells here, either, for whatever that's worth. Instead we have Taco Time, which is overpriced. I heard there used to be a Popeye's, but it went out of business. There are loads of Church's Chicken, though, as well as KFCs. Neither of which I like. The chicken bowl thing at KFC calls to me when I walk past the posters at the bus stop, but the knowledge of almost-guaranteed disappointment keep me from buying one.
Which brings me back to Chick-Fil-A. It is far and away my favorite fast food chain. Above In-N-Out Burger and Fat Burger, for sure. I could eat Chick-Fil-A weekly and be a very happy (and fat) girl. I can't wait until my next trip to the States...

Comments

Popular Posts