Jose Gonzalez
On Saturday Nate and I went to go see Jose Gonzalez play. We both agreed the music was great, but the audience vibe was terrible. People kept taking flash photography throughout the show and blinding everyone around their cameras, which was extremely annoying. I don't know if it's because the show didn't even start until 9:30 and people were drinking that there was a lot of unnecessary moving through the crowd and a general sense of rudeness, or what. The people that were at the show were also not quite the crowd I was expecting, either. I thought there would be more of the hipster crowd, but there were more "regular' people there than anyone else.
On Saturday afternoon, however, a friend and I went to see José play at a local record shop. The atmosphere and crowd there were very pleasant and low key, which is what I had expected that evening. He looked pretty beat and jetlagged, but played a few songs which were very enjoyable. The best part was being able to approach him and have a brief conversation. He even put his arm around me for the photo, although you can't see it. Too bad you didn't come with us, Nate!
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!