Graphically Novel? Novels of the Graphic Sort?
Today I went to see Adrian Tomine (that's TOH-mee-nay) at a local bookshop. There was an almost hour-long interview and Q&A session before we waited for autographs. The interview was really interesting and he came across as a very thoughtful guy. Definitely didn't seem introverted like some of his characters. I started reading the new book I got, Shortcomings and I'm excited to read the rest of it. It's exciting to have Asian-American characters! It was also really nice to see so many Asians at the event tonight. I've never really met Asian people with many similar interests as me, so that made me happy. Usually, it seems people are more into Hip-Hop or Top 40 music or clubbing and partying, and that's just not me. Comics and things, though, sure are. Need to get me a gift? Hit the Drawn and Quarterly website, yo! Sorry, it's rude of me to suggest that. But check it out anyway, to see some interesting artists.
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!