Rant.

Yesterday I met with my Japanese teacher for the last time. The last time I saw her before the BIG TEST, she asked me if I wanted to continue taking lessons after the test, saying that I really don't need to keep studying with a tutor since I'm at this level of Japanese. Basically, she was telling me she didn't want to teach me anymore (My Japanese is so just mediocre.). Anyway, I arranged to meet her yesterday at 7:15 at the place downtown (a kind of community center) where I always have class. Unfortunately, Mondays mean I have to drive, which means I have to pay for parking. She comes ten minutes late, says hello, gives me a copy of the free magazine she always gives me and asks for her book and for what I owe her. I thought she would want to talk about the test and how it went, but she instead walks with me to the main entrance and says she has to go and hops into a waiting car and zips off with a friend. I would've met her at McDonald's if I'd known it was just a money handoff! I paid 200 yen to be there to pay her! Nate said I should've left her sooner. He's right.
Now to find a decent, experienced teacher who wants to do the fun interactive learning activities I've always wanted to do! Pretend tour guide, storytelling games, among tons of other things.

Comments

Popular Posts