Not New, but Slightly Improved
So my Saturday commitment was a swim meet in Nanaimo. We took the ferry over to the island and caught rides with the local team to the pool. It was my first time going to the island, but it was super foggy and we really couldn't see much of anything. It was such a grey, rainy, miserable day that I was quite glad to be indoors all day. I took warmer clothes to wear between races than I had at the last meet I went to, but it was still really quite cold. At the end of the day, several older athletes opted to drop out of their events, apparently because they were too cold to stick around.
All in all, it was a good meet. I improved my time by 8 seconds on one of my standard events, so that's always a good thing. If I can keep that up... well, it won't be the Olympics, and I see no reason to go to Provincials, nor to Nationals, so, maybe it just means that I'll be stronger for this year's flamingo event at the meet my team hosts in the winter.
All in all, it was a good meet. I improved my time by 8 seconds on one of my standard events, so that's always a good thing. If I can keep that up... well, it won't be the Olympics, and I see no reason to go to Provincials, nor to Nationals, so, maybe it just means that I'll be stronger for this year's flamingo event at the meet my team hosts in the winter.
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!