An 80's movie I really enjoy is WarGames. It's great for the usual reasons people might list, but the extra bonus for me is NORAD! I still really want to go on a tour, but I don't know if they're doing that anymore.
Check out this really interesting article/interview about WarGames. They talk to hackers, film makers and other people about things related to the film such as Ronald Reagan's reaction to WarGames as well as the impact of the film on NORAD technology.
An excerpt:
William Lord, Commander, Air Force Cyberspace Command: It was a great movie! A few years later, I was an executive officer with the Air Force Space Command stationed at Norad near Cheyenne Mountain. And I'm wondering, "Gee, where can we get such cool-looking displays?" It was a good forcing function. It required us to all of a sudden say, "If it really can look like this, why doesn't it?"

Comments

Popular Posts