Greetings and Impressions
Some days homeless people ask me for money, and some days they don't. One time I was walking to the train station and a guy asked me if I had any coins I could spare. I told him I didn't have any coins. At the station I had to buy a ticket but I only had a $20 bill. When the machine gave me my $17.75 worth of change in all quarters the guy came running back to ask me for the coins I now had. Oh semantics. Semantics could have bought him a beer.
Today I felt like they were all eying me for a buck. I guess my outfit looked spensy or I looked either like a generous soul or a sucker. I will tell you that the most expensive piece of clothing (coat included) was my shoes which were $20 on clearance. My fancy coat was $9. But I've been trying hard to dress like I have wads of $$$$$$ when I go to work. Guess it's working. At least on the indigent class. But it's not working at getting me increased $$$$$$$ at my actual job.
Working on a temporary basis really doesn't lend itself to developing meaningful relationships (or mass amounts of awe, though everyone should be in awe of me!). But that's to be expected. Most people don't say hello first, perhaps not realizing I'm not actually part of the scenery. I give people the benefit of the doubt, but I do miss the obligatory "Ohaiyo gozaimasu!" in the morning and "O saki ni shitsurei shimasu" and "O tsukare sama deshita"s at the end of the day, like in Japan.
I sit in the corner like a naughty child [hee hee] far away from everyone. Sometimes I come out of the corner and it's glorious. I will say that not really talking to people for hours on end kind of makes me crazy and forget how to talk properly. Maybe I should just pay homeless people to talk to me after work. We'd all come out winners that way!
Today I felt like they were all eying me for a buck. I guess my outfit looked spensy or I looked either like a generous soul or a sucker. I will tell you that the most expensive piece of clothing (coat included) was my shoes which were $20 on clearance. My fancy coat was $9. But I've been trying hard to dress like I have wads of $$$$$$ when I go to work. Guess it's working. At least on the indigent class. But it's not working at getting me increased $$$$$$$ at my actual job.
Working on a temporary basis really doesn't lend itself to developing meaningful relationships (or mass amounts of awe, though everyone should be in awe of me!). But that's to be expected. Most people don't say hello first, perhaps not realizing I'm not actually part of the scenery. I give people the benefit of the doubt, but I do miss the obligatory "Ohaiyo gozaimasu!" in the morning and "O saki ni shitsurei shimasu" and "O tsukare sama deshita"s at the end of the day, like in Japan.
I sit in the corner like a naughty child [hee hee] far away from everyone. Sometimes I come out of the corner and it's glorious. I will say that not really talking to people for hours on end kind of makes me crazy and forget how to talk properly. Maybe I should just pay homeless people to talk to me after work. We'd all come out winners that way!
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!