Fun with Strangers

I've been going to a lot of events lately where I meet up with strangers (or people I've met a few times) and we hang out for a few hours. So far things haven't really been panning out in terms of meeting people I'd really like to hang out with. The latest group I joined seems to be quite a bit more promising in that area. Which makes sense, as it's filled with artsy types, rather than language poseurs. In the group with promise it is I who is the imposter (for now).


I went to an event last month, prepared my share of snacks for it (and Nate would say I got a bit too worked up about needing them to be perfect), and showed up a few minutes early to meet people. I was the first person there. I waited, but no one came. I waited a respectable amount of time, then went looking for a pay phone to call Nate. I even went to church and walked in on Catholic mass looking for a phone. There wasn't one. I finally found a phone, called home and found out that, as I suspected when nobody showed, I got the date wrong. It was two weeks later.


I signed up for a public prank with people I've never met and will probably never talk to. The meeting details got changed a couple of weeks ago and yesterday I went to the designated place at the designated time, but nobody came. I was wearing my designated outfit, but I saw nobody else with a similar coat. Nobody ever showed up. I was worried that my Rickroll got Rickrolled, if you know what I mean. Nate and I hit a couple of stores but decided that prices are too high in Canada to go shopping. We wandered through the mall looking for a way to get to the parking lot, which took 40! minutes. And I found out that yes, the damn thing's next week. Gah@! So embarrassing. Which is why I've only told you, Dear Reader. I mustn't tarnish my personal brand locally!

Popular Posts