I just really like lists of things.

I'm sure I've seen at least 1000 movies in my lifetime, but it doesn't look like the ones I've watched fall into the NY Times' list of classics/bests. Their list really seems to indicate that not that much great cinema is being made anymore. Sure, they have some modern movies, but it seems like most are from before 1970. Deciding that a movie is truly great is subjective, however, so who knows. Maybe half the ones I haven't seen from their list are boring or dated. Probably not. I do know that I thought High Art was only mediocre and that The 10 Commandments was a little too much Mr. Heston for me, although it wonderfully dramatic.
1000 movies are a lot of movies and a lot of time spent in a dark room. How will I get my vitamin D if I add the films I haven't seen from this list to my long list of movies I missed while living in Japan?

Popular Posts