Minister for Frozen Fish

This is a listening task from an ESL textbook we've been using for class. Who said foreign languages teaching has to be boring?
I suggest reading the parts aloud with feeling.

J=Juliet R=Romeo

And now, the Soup-in-a-box Players proudly present Romeo and Juliet, but William Shakespeare.

J Oh, Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo? But that you were with me now, to share the pleasures and delights of my chicken supreme.

R She speaks. Oh, speak again, bright angel

J For I have fried two boneless, skinless chicken breasts until they hath browned, adding one small sliced onion, one hundred grammes of mushrooms, and cooking until soft.

R Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

J A goblet of white wine hath been lovingly added, and boiled, until the liquid hath been reduced by half. Then, a packet of Soup-in-a-box Cream of Chicken Soup poured in.

R Oh, temptation! Fair maid! Let me taste thy dish. Has it yet simmered until the meat is as tender as my love?

J The dish is as warm as thy lips, dear Romeo. Five fluid ouncees of single cream hast been stirred in, and it awaits you.

Comments

  1. Blimey! This is one smashingly good dialogue!
    Keep activating my schemata in a similar way, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I never thought I'd see such beautiful words grace this blog. Thank you, Long Chicken for brightening my day with soupy words of brilliance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You know you have something to say!

Popular Posts