A Step in the Right Direction
So it looks like I will indeed be spending August in Tokyo. Yay! I'm going to be taking a course to get a teaching certificate. But it's not one of the crap ones, so I'll actually learn stuff and be able to find employment afterwards. And hopefully not at one of the horrible eikaiwas that treat their employees horribly (i.e. illegal withholding of pay, terrible hours, posting your photo on jumbo posters outside the business for up to 9 years after you work for the place, etc.).
It's through Cambridge University via the British Council, so it should be good. I had a phone interview with the instructors last Friday, and they seem pretty fun and knowledgable. Now I just have to find someplace to stay. Anybody have any connections?
It's through Cambridge University via the British Council, so it should be good. I had a phone interview with the instructors last Friday, and they seem pretty fun and knowledgable. Now I just have to find someplace to stay. Anybody have any connections?
Congratulations. That's great news.
ReplyDeletePop