To Ping or to Not Pong
I think I'm skipping out on the ping pong tonight. I'm so damn tired. I didn't stay up toooo late last night. But my alarm did go off at 6 so I could turn on my washing machine and go back to sleep before having to get up for good and get ready and hang up wet laundry. Unfortunately, I couldn't go back to sleep, so I was out of bed at 6:30 and somehow still managed to walk slowly enough from the parking area to the teachers' room that it took 30 seconds too long.
My neighbor, Hideko-san, gave me yet another container of yummy, slimy, wasabi-nori when I went to tell her the news about table tennis. She was wearing her red and black table tennis shirt. About half the people who go have matching shirts, and it's kind of comical to see all these mediocre players wearing fancy outfits like a team. Only, maybe, one other person besides me ever goes in plain street clothes. Everyone else wears these horrible, tapered, polyester sports pants. This one skinny guy always wears purple, tapered pants and a matching jacket. He looks rather like a deflated grape. The guy who looks like he's from Miami always brings his shiny, green, vinyl, sports bag to match his Adidas track suit.
I must be the only person in my town with no matching track suit. Mind you, the most common use of such an item is to block the UV rays no matter the weather! The female teachers at school often suit up in such a manner even in godawfully sweltering weather, then bother to complain how hot it is. Just take off the damn jacket and pants and use sunblock, for god's sake. Not that logic weighs too heavily in these parts a fair amount of the time... Or is that just Western logic? It's been 2 years and it still boggles the mind.
My neighbor, Hideko-san, gave me yet another container of yummy, slimy, wasabi-nori when I went to tell her the news about table tennis. She was wearing her red and black table tennis shirt. About half the people who go have matching shirts, and it's kind of comical to see all these mediocre players wearing fancy outfits like a team. Only, maybe, one other person besides me ever goes in plain street clothes. Everyone else wears these horrible, tapered, polyester sports pants. This one skinny guy always wears purple, tapered pants and a matching jacket. He looks rather like a deflated grape. The guy who looks like he's from Miami always brings his shiny, green, vinyl, sports bag to match his Adidas track suit.
I must be the only person in my town with no matching track suit. Mind you, the most common use of such an item is to block the UV rays no matter the weather! The female teachers at school often suit up in such a manner even in godawfully sweltering weather, then bother to complain how hot it is. Just take off the damn jacket and pants and use sunblock, for god's sake. Not that logic weighs too heavily in these parts a fair amount of the time... Or is that just Western logic? It's been 2 years and it still boggles the mind.
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!