Last week I went to the annual mid-year conference for all the ALTs in my prefecture. It was not especially useful since my English teacher that I work with wasn't allowed to go (the school said they have no money). And it wasn't well-run since none of the discussion moderators wanted to be moderating the not-so-interesting topics they were assigned.
After the first day's meetings I went shopping instead of going to the reception. I went last year (alone since last year's JTE wasn't allowed to go either) and didn't have a very good time so I thought I'd skip this year's. A fine choice. Yamakataya had a sale on kimono accessories (damn, they're expensive. I spent 5000yen on strings and a plastic thing to wear under the kimono). And there was this guy walking around in the rain with his umbrella inside out. It wasn't so windy that his umbrella had to stay like that. I think he must've been one of the lot of crazy people out there. Or something. Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular Posts