Fuji Rock
Katie and I are going to the Fuji Rock Festival next month when we're in Kyoto. I'm excited. The lineup keeps getting better! Morrissey just signed on last week. It was making me feel not so bad about missing Lollapallooza 2004--until it got cancelled. Now I'm just happy. It seems a little expensive, but when the price is compared with the number of bands whose shows I would attend anyway, it works out well. Especially when one considers that a 3000yen concert ticket (appx. US$30) is the lower end of prices here! We paid 5000yen or so for Belle and Sebastian, I think. And the bastards actually went to Colorado this year, to, I seem to remember. Nate and I were lamenting about missing so many shows this past year. At least I get to make up for it now. Poor Nate...
Which means that if there is a certain JOSIAH out there... You should go to Fuji Rock! Why? Watching Japanese kids our age passing out from dehydration! The main stage lineup! All those obscure Japanese bands to "discover"! Cooking curry on a camp stove! Shimauta fun! Sneaking backstage to enjoy shochu with Moz! Aliens from xEjstpodoijjjke-345YXL!
Which means that if there is a certain JOSIAH out there... You should go to Fuji Rock! Why? Watching Japanese kids our age passing out from dehydration! The main stage lineup! All those obscure Japanese bands to "discover"! Cooking curry on a camp stove! Shimauta fun! Sneaking backstage to enjoy shochu with Moz! Aliens from xEjstpodoijjjke-345YXL!
obviously there's no fuji for josiah-- have already done returned stateside and all its bluntness, and fatness, and ugly peopleness, and not havin' no flippin'onigiri-ness... damn-- i miss japan too much too soon. been in the states just a few days and i already feel bloated and homicidal. so, enjoy nihon for me, will ya?
ReplyDeleteand, for being a complete bailer-outer with regards to fuji rock, i promise to write a review of Deerhoof when they play portland on the 10th. i may even be able to include a picture of the band's props: a giant knitted strawberry and banana. YEAH!