Wada Akiko
Wada Akiko.
Whenever I needed to get a laugh from the junior high school kids in Japan I would just bring up Wada Akiko. I thought she was a man in drag the first several (hundred) times I saw her, but apparently that is not so. Apparently she is not a transgendered person of any sort at all. The haircut, the deep voice, the large bone structure and big hands, the hobbies of smoking cigarettes while drinking liquor and playing pachinko, the boat-like shoes. Everything that to me says MAN (or ONCE A MAN) in a dress. But she's not. A young Wada Akiko looked girlish.
An enka show is on TVJapan aka NHK right now and Wada Akiko just sang a song called Anata dake no aozora. It was absolutely terrible. Off-key, awful lyrics, bad tune. I found it on her official website [caution:music autoplays]Unfortunately, I can't find it. Here's a Youtube video of a much "better" song instead.
Whenever I needed to get a laugh from the junior high school kids in Japan I would just bring up Wada Akiko. I thought she was a man in drag the first several (hundred) times I saw her, but apparently that is not so. Apparently she is not a transgendered person of any sort at all. The haircut, the deep voice, the large bone structure and big hands, the hobbies of smoking cigarettes while drinking liquor and playing pachinko, the boat-like shoes. Everything that to me says MAN (or ONCE A MAN) in a dress. But she's not. A young Wada Akiko looked girlish.
An enka show is on TVJapan aka NHK right now and Wada Akiko just sang a song called Anata dake no aozora. It was absolutely terrible. Off-key, awful lyrics, bad tune. I found it on her official website [caution:music autoplays]
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!