Attempts at Anime Evolution
My friend and her brother accompanied me to the Anime Evolution today. We were about 10 years too old to be there and definitely under-dressed. As you might expect, the event was teeming with nerds, weirdos, and the majorly uncool. However, I will remind you that when called "weird" myself, I have always taken it as a compliment. Sometimes I wish I was weirder, in fact, but I'm usually content to straddle the line between sometimes painful normality and quirkiness. I did wish that I had prepared a costume, despite the fact that I know nothing of anime or manga characters and have no favorites. (Sewing class, here I come!)
Anyway, we had high hopes of watching the costume fashion show listed on the program. We wandered around a bit and looked at the posters and stickers of drawings people had done (fan drawings--think: Joker from the Dark Knight, but drawn in an adorable manga style) then tried to get into the auditorium. Operative word being tried. I had thought it was free, but apparently it cost around $45 to get a pass for the day! I'd thought it was $45 to get a seller's table for the day. There was no way we were spending that kind of cash for a fashion show. So much for Anime Evolution 2008. Maybe next year, when I'm even further over the median age.
I was too shy to ask people for photos for a while. So below is the limited selection I managed to eke out.



Anyway, we had high hopes of watching the costume fashion show listed on the program. We wandered around a bit and looked at the posters and stickers of drawings people had done (fan drawings--think: Joker from the Dark Knight, but drawn in an adorable manga style) then tried to get into the auditorium. Operative word being tried. I had thought it was free, but apparently it cost around $45 to get a pass for the day! I'd thought it was $45 to get a seller's table for the day. There was no way we were spending that kind of cash for a fashion show. So much for Anime Evolution 2008. Maybe next year, when I'm even further over the median age.
I was too shy to ask people for photos for a while. So below is the limited selection I managed to eke out.
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!