Les Savy Fav

Last night Nate and I went to see Les Savy Fav. It was a really fun show. The lead singer strutted around with his belly out and wandered through the crowd a number of times. The crowd was generally pretty good, too. I haven't been to a show with that much flailing/dancing/thrashing about in years. Glad to have Nate around to deflect the feet from trying to crush mine and the drunk, sweaty men from crushing me. They're such a rockin band though, that the need to flail/dance/thrash about is understandable and getting smacked into a little is forgivable. Especially when I'm standing on the edge of the action. I shouldn't have brought a purse, though. Gets in the way.
As Nate pointed out, the set seemed a little short--just over an hour. But, if you put good energy into every show and play night after night for a few months, I guess you can't really be playing 2-hour sets every night.
As Beyond Robson put it,
You might remember their legendary performance at Richard's a couple of years back, when Tim Harrington, front mad man of the dance punk masters Les Savy Fav, climbed the railing to the mezzanine (meet me in the mezzanine), removed a fan's shoe, and sucked on his toe while singing one of their hits from Go Forth. You might remember the dance party he started as the rest of his band set up, the giant bearded lunatic parading around the club with a tiny ghetto blaster.You might not.
He didn't suck on any toes this go around, though, only kissed someone's finger.

Comments

Popular Posts