Waiting...

So I'm done! No more ALTness for me. Thank god. I think another year would have robbed me of even more sanity and allowed my brain to atrophy even more. But I had so much fun hanging out with the kids. The junior high kids were hilarious. On my last day of 3rd year classes I got 3 marriage proposals. I told them they were a bit late. The 3rd years also wrote me really nice letters. Who knew they could write such decent English?? Lots of kids wrote that they wanted to cry when they heard I was leaving, which is really sweet. During my farewell speech at the closing ceremony for summer vacation I thought somebody would get choked up (me?), but it was a nonevent. Although I did get a huge bouquet of flowers from the school.

The past few weeks have been so busy, I don't think I was home except to sleep. But it's been really, really fun. Everyone's been so nice. Lots of people were even planning to come bid me bon voyage at the ferry port! Unfortunately, I am now stuck here in Kagoshima, though. I was supposed to take the ferry Monday night to Osaka with my car, but because of the damned typhoon I'm stuck here and can't leave until Wednesday!!! Suck! Yes, I could drive, but it would be more expensive than the ferry and I don't relish the idea of 16-20 hours of driving alone. So I'll just wait until tomorrow. Good thing the swimming world championships are being televised on daytime tv!

Comments

  1. Hey rats, leave a comment or I'll have to put a pick axe tru your head. Enjoy the ferry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You know you have something to say!

Popular Posts