Cantate Domino
So I finally made my TV debut!! I even had a line--"No?" which was unfaithfully rendered as "No!" in the captions. KYT, one of the Kagoshima tv stations, spent most of the time the boys' choir was here filming various things. It was a 10 minute feature on the local news, which was great for us. Probably boring as hell for anyone from any other town.
The concert/homestay/"international exchange" were all a huge deal here. Even weeks later the teenage girls are still discussing who the cutest guys were, and all the kids now want to go to Belgium. One of my favorite students is entering a contest to win about $3000US so she can go visit. I heard another girl saying that "it's the first time I've ever thought a foreign guy could be hot!" Heh. Guess Brad Pitt's too old...
The concert/homestay/"international exchange" were all a huge deal here. Even weeks later the teenage girls are still discussing who the cutest guys were, and all the kids now want to go to Belgium. One of my favorite students is entering a contest to win about $3000US so she can go visit. I heard another girl saying that "it's the first time I've ever thought a foreign guy could be hot!" Heh. Guess Brad Pitt's too old...
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!