Eh. A moderately enjoyable evening...!

Tomorrow I'm doing a homestay. There are three teenage boys in the family... I hope they're the wacky outgoing kind, but suspect they'll probably be the shy type. We shall see!
Today was ground golf (it's golf w/portable "holes" and big, wooden clubs; popular with the elderly; balls like smaller croquet balls) with random people who work in the town--the preschools, the town hall, various job titles I can't read in kanji... I saw one of my old eikaiwa students, but he didn't come talk to me, and I didn't have a chance to say hello before he went home. I think he's embarrassed he and his wife stopped coming. The rest of us all went to a dinner/nomikai at the Michi no Eki (that's Road House, but I prefer Fancy Truck Stop). The middle aged guys were tossing down the liquor like usual. I sat with the women, who almost always stick to tea, which I did for the first time. The mayor was at both events. He's such a shmoozer. But I like him from the small conversations we've had. And his son-in-law was really cool when I hung out with him before. I think I mentioned before that he just built a nice, new, big house. I'm forgetting whatever interesting things I may have had to say. Oh well. Just means I have to do more!

Comments

Popular Posts