Orange Juice

So Blogger has updated and now it's no longer a pain to update. So maybe if anyone besides my dad still checks this site... Not that I've heard from half my friends in ages!!!! 大ヒントよ The new school year began in April, which was a blessing. While some of the teachers I really liked have gone away, the one teacher I really wasn't liking anymore quit! Hooray. And there is a young, fun, newby teacher in her place (only until July when the old teacher who was out on maternity leave comes back. Met her once.). Yay. Lots of young teachers! Now I just gotta make the effort to ask them to hang out.
I had to do a demonstration class on Sunday--there was no jh on Monday so that the PTA could come watch classes. It was relatively uneventful as while I came up with the lesson plan, I'm only there to help. Rock.
After school on Sunday I played "mini volleyball" with some of the teachers and PTA members. Kentaro went down! I guess the "mini" part of mini volleyball refers to the size of the court, as the ball was a jumbo rubber ball. Which means you have to serve it to your own team cos it won't go over the net.
I played mini volleyball again yesterday (in place of potato planting since it's been pouring all week), but it was teachers vs. 1st years. After we played "regular" volleyball with the 3rd years. Since apparently junior high girls aren't capable of handling standard athletic challenges (they run shorter distances, etc.), they use a miniature, child-sized volleyball that's hard to hit. And that hurts when it smashes the outside of your wrist. Still hurts.

But back to Sunday. After school and the volleyball and making a tape for this week's test, I got roped into going to the PTA dinner/drinking party. WHich was ok. The afterparty at the principal's was way more fun. His wife has a crazy, yet vibrant way of decorating. Fake flowers EVERYWHERE. An entire wall entirely covered with fake flowers where there is no furniture. And an organ. She went all out prepping for the party, making individual messages and chopstick wrapper decorations for all 30 or so people. And little sandwiches wrapped to take home, etc.
The mechanic I bought my car from was at the party, too. When Nate and I went to the Onitakibi? (giant bonfire...) he was wasted and calling me his "car girlfriend" and had to give another self-intro to everyone who already knew who I am. Same thing Sunday. Except he made the new English teacher translate everything for me. Thanks, man. And asked me if I have a boyfriend. So I reminded him of his wife, whom everyone else was only too happy to point out at the party. Another person who needs to stop drinking. Jeez. Sounds extra lame and uninteresting in print, but I'm tired of it.

Comments

Popular Posts