Lightning Bugs
Yesterday I went with Erich and Tomomi and a couple of her friends and their baby to this river in the mountains. It's actually in a neighboring area that I've never been to. It's part of Shibushi, but hardly anyone even lives there. There are 7 kids at the recently re-opened elementary school. 1 gas station, but I don't think there are really any other stores.
We had a bbq --with cheeseburgers!!-- by the river. It was so pretty and peaceful and had a small waterfall. Sounds so trite. But it was really pleasant. And it seems really unknown, so there weren't any people and probably aren't all that often.
I also learned how to make ichigo daifuku yesterday! They're so tasty. Strawberry wrapped in red or white an (they tend to use red in Kyushu as it maintains the color of the berry) and mochi. So easy. Maybe.
Today I have to walk to school to retrieve my bike. I hope the tire's not flat. It's finally gorgeous weather again. Too bad it'll probably be rainy again this week. It's nice to be able to do laundry when I want to, and not have to base it on the weather. Someone suggested I take my clothes to the laundromat during the rainy season. It'll be nice to have nice-smelling clothing. And I'm going to think about getting a dehumidifier. Erich bought one and loves it.
We had a bbq --with cheeseburgers!!-- by the river. It was so pretty and peaceful and had a small waterfall. Sounds so trite. But it was really pleasant. And it seems really unknown, so there weren't any people and probably aren't all that often.
I also learned how to make ichigo daifuku yesterday! They're so tasty. Strawberry wrapped in red or white an (they tend to use red in Kyushu as it maintains the color of the berry) and mochi. So easy. Maybe.
Today I have to walk to school to retrieve my bike. I hope the tire's not flat. It's finally gorgeous weather again. Too bad it'll probably be rainy again this week. It's nice to be able to do laundry when I want to, and not have to base it on the weather. Someone suggested I take my clothes to the laundromat during the rainy season. It'll be nice to have nice-smelling clothing. And I'm going to think about getting a dehumidifier. Erich bought one and loves it.
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!