Biichi sandaru... in Africa!

Went to the restaurant in town last night. I didn't have any plans so I took Nate's cue and went by myself. That is, last week I briefly abandoned him to go to the superintendant's new year's party so he went to the restaurant for a bit. I sat by myself for a bit, then the restaurant owner came out and talked to me and guessed who I was (thanks, Nate!) so we had things to talk about. After I got served (I had unadon; unagi+don=broiled eel goodness on top of rice) random people I don't know came in. The typical over-45 ready to pour down the booze type. Finally one of my elementary students came in and had the best look of surprise on her face. She looked just like the people on the variety shows who totally fake every emotion. So I spent the evening (after Doraemon and another cartoon ended) learning kanji with a couple of sixth graders, which was good fun.

Now it is time to clean...

Comments

Popular Posts