Hooray. Today was kinda crappy for a couple hours at a time. But it got much better. Maybe that flat tire was not a bad thing after all. It set me back 3700 yen, but... I went back to the mechanic's shop today to pay him and ended up talking to him and his buddies for a couple hours. They're pretty funny. The mechanic is 25 and I assume his friends are between 25 and 33. I can't tell how old the girl was, though. We're going out to do karaoke Friday, so that will be fun. My self esteem got moved up a few notches after making plans to hang out. I'm going with the office lady (OL) to play tennis with her friend again sometime. I better practice in the meantime so I can actually make contact with the ball. Egads. Osako-san is only 21, which is cool. It's too bad she doesn't like the beach, though (swimming, really), or I'd ask her to go sometime. She does like matcha soft serve, though. Mmm. She gave me the leftover matcha cake from Friday that I'd wrapped up. A secret, she told me. I think it was a thank you for me always helping to wash the coffee cups and teacups and plates.
We have coffee at 10am, tea at noon if bring lunch, and coffee and a snack at 3pm everyday at the BOE (board of ed). I'm finding the caffeine quite necessary, to tell you the truth. But only because I'm a slug and don't go to bed until way past when I should.
I have grown rather accustomed to sitting at the office and making pictures to laminate, looking up games and other class ideas, and pretending to look for English stories in the English lang. paper for my Eikaiwa (starts Thurs).
My profile in the local PR paper was finally published. Unfortunately I now seem to be from Coloraido Supuringusu, though. Note the I. All they had to do was copy what I had typed. I wrote an entire single-spaced page of info which was reduced to a mere 3
groupings of bullet points:
-23 yrs old. Has no brothers or sisters
-etc.

Oh well. Time for bed. Yikes. I still haven't studied for class tomorrow. How shall I learn all that kanji? Sigh.

Comments

Popular Posts