Heavy Lifting
I went bowling with some coworkers a while ago. The next day my legs and buns really ached because my bowling form involves me doing lunges.
After I stopped needing to visit the doctor about my back when I was a teenager, I asked him if there were any activities I shouldn't do. He said I shouldn't go bowling. I think my bowling form and skills reflect that sentiment 100%.
The doctor also said I shouldn't do heavy lifting. I think he really should have been more specific and said, "No moving mattresses or sofas." Being forbidden from those two tasks would really improve my life. Moving our mattress into our current apartment was one of the worst, most painful experiences of my life. Not as painful as the time when the wind blew me off my bike and I broke my wrist but thought it was sprained so I didn't go to the doctor for a couple of days and cried myself to sleep in the meantime. But still painful.
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!