Foiled!

Aargh. In my attempt to secure additional event tickets for the Olympics at the behest of a certain top cousin, I decided it would be acceptable to go a bit later to see Prince Charles and Camilla. Wrong decision. Due to technical issues, the ticket sales were eventually postponed and I ended up only seeing the royal couple from a distance. I even had a special sign prepared: I [heart] Royally Tasty Duchy Originals (Nate thought I [heart] your biscuits! was too rude). My favorite flavor is the toffee shortbread. Mmm.

I suppose all was not lost, though. I shouted, "We love you Camilla!" and she turned to wave to me. She smiled, too.

Here's a video I should have been in. Note that we were there for the First Nations drumming, the Olympic mascot introductions, and outside the building for the plaque unveiling.
This video clip is actually better, but I find it too upsetting to watch again. [Sob] Damn you, Olympics website, damn you! Trying to steal my title of "Real Royal Fan." I am outraged.

PS It's noblopomo, so I'd better start up with the fresh and decent content again. Still haven't remedied the camera situation. Will get on that asap.

Comments

Popular Posts