2007 Best Of Meme

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I went to Vietnam. I visited/moved to Canada.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No. I don't think that I am more organized or tidier than last year.
See below.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Japan, Vietnam, Canada, USA

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A Wacom tablet. Jeans that fit properly.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
End of July--we left Japan.
September--we moved to Canada.
Christmas--it was the first time home in 5 years!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
...

9. What was your biggest failure?
...

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had the stomach flu or something like it in January and again in December.


11. What was the best thing you bought?
Giant paper dolls. Adorable Japanese stickers and stationery.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Nate's dancing.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Too many and too depressing to list. Just look at the daily news.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving! We had to ship packages twice, fly all about, and pay for gas and lodging on the way up here.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to see Adrian Tomine, going to the library for the first time in ages to check out books in North America, going to see the Shins play, going home for Christmas!

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2007?
Jose Gonzalez--anything from In Our Nature
Patrick Wolf--the Magic Position


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
Happier. Thinner. Poorer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Traveling. Clothes/shoe shopping in Japan.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Moping, worrying, wasting time in a lame way.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with my family. Hooray! In the evening our family friends came over. It was just like old times, complete with nose kazoo silliness.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
With lovely things and music? Yes.

22. How many one-night stands?
How could the answer to this possibly benefit anyone?

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Ainori, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, Top Chef.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word. Dislike intensely? Sure.

25. What was the best book you read?
I read a few really good ones--Perdido Street Station by China Miéville, The Scar by China Miéville Inspector Imanishi Investigates by Seicho Matsumoto, Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut. I'm sure I read a couple other good ones, but these stick out the most.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The nose kazoo.

27. What did you want and get?
Bento books. A book on making skirts. Chocolate. Jams and yummy soup mixes.

28. What did you want and not get?
A Wacom tablet, boots, jeans. But I shall have them all very soon. Hooray.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Superbad. I don't feel like I saw many movies in 2007.


30. What did you do on your birthday?
Nate took me out to a local seafood joint. It was really, really rainy.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting a long-term, full-time job by now. A career, that is.


32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
The dregs of my closet.

33. What kept you sane?
Nate.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
...

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Too many to count--food (agriculture/bio-engineered/too much corn), the Environment, women's rights, voting, taxes, socialized health care (or lack thereof),...

36. Who did you miss?
My family and friends who live far away.


37. Who was the best new person you met?
I met so many new people in 2007. I'm just getting to know them.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Change is okay and can be great.
Force yourself.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I have no idea. I can never tell what they're singing.

Popular Posts