Local (but not to me) Restaurants

The author of a blog I read sometimes is going to Colorado. Here's a list of restaurants in C/S that we go to sometimes. Mom, what did I miss?

Mind you, the commentary is partially what I sent her, because I can't be bothered to edit it much.
-Flying W Ranch--Singing cowboys and an authentic chuckwagon dinner. What more could you ask for from the Wild West?
-El Tesoro--Serves tasty, Southwestern-style food.
-El Taco Rey--Frequently said to have the best green chile in town. The avocado-pork burrito is highly recommended. My mom's favorite.
-Vallejo's--a small, family-owned restaurant with tasty Mexican plates. Here's a map
- Adam's Mountain Cafe--A restaurant with lots of vegetarian and natural foods located in Manitou Springs. The link is a Frommer's review. I like their breakfasts.
-The Craftwood Inn--Pricey, but delicious local game like venison, antelope, pheasant, and elk.
-Stagecoach Inn--Also located in Manitou Springs, and supposedly originally a stage stop. Serves tasty steaks, prime rib, rocky mountain oysters, and buffalo.
-The Blue Star Somewhat upscale, fun, and tasty, but maybe not what you're looking for coming from the big city. Maybe I'm wrong though. It made Wine Spectator's list of goodness in 1998, and the Denver Post apparently said it had the best burger in the state in 2002.
-Marigold's Bakery and Cafe--As per the name, a bakery and cafe with tasty breads and soups.I fondly remember the cream of asparagus soup I had there once, years ago.
-Luigi's--Family-style Italian. We've been going here for years. I seriously crave their pasta.

Comments

Popular Posts