Easily Fooled

I haven't even heard about this Sumo scandal on Japanese TV yet. I hadn't thought about fixed matches until now, either, honestly. Guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Or, more accurately, have Nate pay attention as he's much better at analyzing sports than me. Which would make sense as the only American TV he really takes time to watch is sports--NBA games, Sports Center, Broncos games, boxing, tennis... --whereas I tend to watch the design shows and trashy reality shows when I get to choose. I also watch infomercials, which perhaps I should be more embarassed about. But, they're entertaining, unlike the vast majority of Japanese infomercials. The only Japanese infomercial that's any good is for Ao-jiru, a green health drink. The first 20 minutes of the half-hour is a profile of a hard-working person such as a successful baker, patissier, restaurant owner or other self-employed food-industry person who works long hours. The last 10 minutes include the profiled person revealing his success in maintaining his health with such a busy schedule (80-hour work weeks) is thanks to aojiru! And yes, I kind of want to try some version of it, if only to see if it's actually palatable. But, no, I won't shell out the large sums demanded of the infomercial. There are dozens of brands of aojiru, all made from different green things. Sometimes you can find individual packets at the store, which is on my list of things to maybe, possibly, try, but I won't be upset if I never do.

Comments

Popular Posts