So Conbinient

Nate and I spent the past few days in Niigata visiting a few friends and seeing where he used to live. I have to say, it seems very convenient. The town gym a 1 minute walk away, the tennis courts where his tennis circle played maybe 5 minutes away, main place of work a 5 minute bike ride away, the beach maybe a 15-30 minute drive (depending on which one), and skiing, a beer brewery, and an onsen just a 20-30 minute drive away. Oh, and a girlfriend's house only a couple of minutes away. He never lived that conveniently close to me until we lived in the same apartment. I think the closest was a 15 minute drive and the farthest was a 15 hour plane ride, with the median distance being about a 2-3 hour pricey plane ride away. Our house now is at least an hour from any decent beach, a 15-minute bike ride to the farmer's market, a 5 minute walk to the monthly flea market, a 10 minute walk to the edge of the prefectural forest park, a 15-20 minute drive to the closest pool (but 30 minutes to the gym I go to), and maybe 4 or 5 hours from decent skiing. And 0 minutes from the SO.
I'll post some photos after I get around to figuring out how to reducing the file size. I should also try to figure out how to use the camera a bit better...

Comments

Popular Posts