I [heart] NORAD
Wow. This is a disappointment--they're apparently shifting most of NORAD's operations to a regular building. I've still never been on the tour. I wonder if they're cancelling them. I always heard there was a ridiculous waiting list to get in... But I still really want to go. I also hope they're not cancelling the Santa Claus tracking! Wouldn't that somehow be bad PR for Santa? And wouldn't people be upset with the US government/military showing it does not care about Santa's ever important duty of bringing joy to commercialized-Christmas celebrating children?
Whether or not there is any shred of truth to this, though, I have always liked the idea of possibly living in close proximity to a prime nuclear bombing target. (At least I did until I learned that the actual instant-death radius is rather small, with our house being in a prime fallout area. Meaning a potentially terrible , terrible fate instead.) In any case, regardless of any horrible possibilities, I am going to continue to entertain the romantic idea of NORAD! Go watch Wargames to enjoy the coolness if for some reason you've never seen it.
Whether or not there is any shred of truth to this, though, I have always liked the idea of possibly living in close proximity to a prime nuclear bombing target. (At least I did until I learned that the actual instant-death radius is rather small, with our house being in a prime fallout area. Meaning a potentially terrible , terrible fate instead.) In any case, regardless of any horrible possibilities, I am going to continue to entertain the romantic idea of NORAD! Go watch Wargames to enjoy the coolness if for some reason you've never seen it.
Comments
Post a Comment
You know you have something to say!